Monday, August 27, 2007

Once again into the breach

I've tried keeping blogs before. Some of you might remember The Left Coast--which has since been snapped up by one of those despicable companies that buys domains and turns them into advertising sites--and its several incarnations before finally being shut down. Here's a few reasons why I think this blog will be different.

1. I have more time now. I'm not a student and, you know, what the hell else am I going to do at work all day? My job? Fuck that shit.

2. This one will be more about philosophy and neuroscience, and less about politics. While I'm not promising that politics won't be mentioned occasionally (Alberto Gonzalez resigned today!), I'll be writing about my actual passions. That should help.

3. Shorter posts. When I was working on The Left Coast, I (for some reason) felt obligated to make every post an entire fucking essay. I'd start writing and, somewhere around the sixth page, get bogged down. That's not really a blog and, having spent more time in the blogosphere, I've realized that I don't even like to read blogs that do that. Short and pithy posts are the way to go.

There you have it; I hope this actually works out. Look for the first "real" post soon...

No comments: