Saturday, February 23, 2008

CTY

I just got my formal job offer from the Center for Talented Youth for this summer, and it looks like I'll be teaching Philosophy of Mind once again both sessions at Franklin & Marshall in Lancaster, PA. I'm a little bit disappointed, as I was hoping to teach Philosophy of Technology with Eripsa during the first session, but I'm still pretty excited. CTY, for those who are unfamiliar, is an absolutely amazing summer camp for gifted high school students featuring classes on subjects ranging from Greek to computer science to the history of disease (along with a very interesting non-academic culture). I taught philosophy of mind last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience--the kids are beyond brilliant, and the atmosphere is fantastic--so I'm returning again. If any of you have children of the ages between 12 and 17, I highly suggest you look into sending them--I'll be sure to instruct them in the ways of biological naturalism.

No comments: